Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Access Manager Database

This topic is 5796 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Solution: Access Manager Database

Description: Hi,

I have been working on a security file that will allow our clients to be able to manage their own users and passwords in Filemaker along with any contact information etc. The only people that will be given access to this layout will be the "Administrators" of the system.

Here is what I have come up with.

The problem is that when the client reaches their license limit (in this file, I have set the license limit to 5 users), they may want to re-use some of the existing licenses. So they would re-type over an existing account that is no longer valid. Currently, there is no way for the system to identify these as re-used seats, so that it will know to delete the old account and create this new account.

Since there are no script steps that allow you to "change login account" in 9, I have to think of something else. One way is to set up a second user name field and set that user name field during the creation of the account. Then, once the Administrator changes the user name, the system can validate against the two user names and delete the old account and create the new account.

I am wondering if there is a way to do this through field validations.

I have the same problem for the user login account.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Login account is Admin

password 1234

Constance

Working Under:

Solution Status: Beta

Pre-requisites:

Author(s):) TASC

Date: 06/23/08

Credits:

Instructions / Other Info:

Disclaimer:

FM Forums does not endorse or warrantee these files are fit for any particular purpose. Do not post or distribute files without written approval from the copyright owner. All files are deemed public domain unless otherwise indictated. Please backup every file that you intend to modify.

Access_Manager_for_fmforums.zip

Edited by Guest

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.