Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Have a problem

This topic is 5783 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a solution that is various files (for Module sake) and I just upgraded it to Filemaker 9.

The issue I am having is the Import script step.

When I open the file remotely, it does not see the files it is to import from over the network, even those are files that are already open over the network.

The script works flawlessly on the host computer, but not remotely.

I don't have vs. 6 on this box to check but probably under File > Sharing, you will find where you specify the network settings for the file. There is a checkbox 'Do not display in Open Remote.' Make sure this is UNchecked on the file you are trying to import from. And make sure networking is turned on and not set to 'no users.'

Edited by Guest

Actually it is specifically the Import Script Step in every one of my databases.

It has the correct file reference, but forces me to find the file remotely for every import and the file is always sitting in the remote list (I can even go to "Windows" and go to the file directly, though that doesn't help with the script.)

There has been a change between vs. 6 and vs. 7 on imports, exports and finds. In versions prior to 7, one would need to manually perform the action (in your case import) and then open the script and, when leaving, select REPLACE. This would then store the captured settings within the script.

Beginning with vs. 7, the actions can be specified within the script directly. If you have moved where the file is stored then your script can't find it. Open your Import script step itself and re-specify the data source there.

That is the odd thing. The script step works on the host computer fine, but EVERY Import script makes me select the file when I run it remotely. I have gone into the Script and deleted the Import Step and recreated it, pointing at the file I wish to import from using the file reference for the file, but every time I run the script remotely it Can't find file XXX.XXX and makes me find it remotely... and this happens Each time I run the script, even if I point it out one time, I can instantly run the script again and I am forced to find it again. :

This topic is 5783 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.