Max no. of hosts

This topic is 5781 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have exceeded the 125 file limit to host on Filemaker Server 8. Unfortunately 95% of the databases are still required and more will appear every year.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way around this or can I have 2 hosts on the one server?

Thanks

If what you say is correct then you are looking to host 2500 files and so 2 hosts would only get you up to 10% of the files required.

I can only assume that either your application is very unusual or could possibly be configured better.

Would it be possible to explain what is the nature of your application(s), particularly with relation to why you need so many files, so that someone might give you best advice?

Regards

Phil

2500! Filemaker server will not let me host more than 125 files. Obviously there must be another setting somewhere that I don't know about.

When I go into maximum no. of files to host in Database Hosting, it will not allow more than 125.

@Phil, I think he meant that 95% of the 125 are required.

@cpando1974, you can't run two servers on one machine (might be possible with virtualization but I missed that session at Devcon).

You can certainly run separate servers on one network, though. And as Phil suggesested, you may be able to consolidate some of the files, since a single file can hold essentially unlimited tables.

This topic is 5781 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.