Open Remote Script

This topic is 5771 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is there a way to create a script that automatically opens a specific remote file without having to select from the Remote menu. I would like for my users to go directly into the solution without having to make selections.

I really am a newbie to Filemaker, and to this website. I used to work in DBase and Access. We have MACs so I had to switch to Filemaker, which I thoroughly enjoy. Please excuse my ignorance, but I really don't know what you mean by "Opener Files". I did search, but to no avail. When I created a script using the "Open Remote" function, I still get the Remote menu asking for the selection. What I would like for the script to do is automatically open the specific remote file that resides on my FM Server.

Hi Vivian,

If you click on the prior post's blue Opener Files, you will see it is a link to a post by Vaughan. He has prepared an example opener file (see the bottom Opener File.zip attachment?) I first learned Opener's from Vaughan and I have used this technique many times. It will give you exactly what you wish.

And welcome to FM Forums!! There are many wonderful people here who can help you! :wink2:

This topic is 5771 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.