Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Duplicate suppression in Portals

This topic is 5728 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi all, I am new to this list and have a question.

Is it possible to format the second third and subsequent entires in a list so that they are not seen.

I have a list of entires in a portal that are listed in date order - fields are date, event name, start time. However, to make the list easier to read - see that there multiple events on the same day - I wish to supress displaying the date of the second and subsequent entries so that only the first date shows in the list.

Year - 2008 Month - May

4 May | Rehearsal Follies | 4:00pm

7 May | Myrid Dance School | 9:00am

| Farmers Market | 2:00pm

9 May | Econ Seminar | 9:00am

Does this make sense ?

Greg

• Newbies

I'm trying to do the same thing (an exhibition list for an artist that will just show the year once) in a regular layout or portal- whichever works - from the example, that's the solution - but I'm not sure how to get that effect.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Newbies

This is so simple and has worked so well, that I have incorporated it into a few other areas of my database. Thank you so much.

What a valuable resource.

GregMac

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to do the same thing (an exhibition list for an artist that will just show the year once) in a regular layout or portal- whichever works - from the example, that's the solution - but I'm not sure how to get that effect.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

See attached, which is a variation on Comment's file. It uses conditional formatting, but also adds an unstored calc for record number.

It really seems like conditional formatting calculations ought to be able to use get( portalRowNumber) or get( RecordNumber) directly within the conditional formatting calc. But it is my experience so far that it doesn't work, whereas this method does.

getNthInPortal.zip

This topic is 5728 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.