Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Experimenting with Tab controls

This topic is 5736 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

So, I'm starting to get into tab controls for a potential solution that's needed, and I'm wondering just how dynamic they can be.

The solution is a revisions database. When a 'noticeable' change is made to a product, it keeps its unique ID number, but a revision number is incremented.

I'd like to have the tab control show information for the most recent revision (that is, the one currently being used), while tabs behind it show previous revisions of the item.

Revisions are specified by the month they occurred in, and we're allowing up to 10 revisions per month, though this is more than we'll probably ever need. When the user chooses to view the revisions, I'd like the most recent one to show up, with previous ones behind it, and for tabs referring to revisions that haven't been made to not show up at all.

Example: 3 revisions have been made to a product. When the user chooses to see the revisions, the table opens showing revision 3, with 2 and 1 below it. The tabs for revisions 4 - 10 do not appear.

Is this possible? Thanks for the help.

This topic is 5736 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.