Network Activity into the trillions!!!

This topic is 5746 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have about 30 computers running filemaker. we are on Windows XP. We purchase HP DX5150 computers.

We have been having problems, and I'm trying to eliminate Filemaker as the source of the problem. Heres the senario:

A worker will be using the computer's network resources (Filemaker, Outlook2003 w/ E-mail server, Network drives, servers and shared folders, etc.) Then the system will appear to freeze up. Outlook will have a "disconnected" status. When I open the Network Status from the system tray, the sent packets is in the trillions!!! (see attachment)

I have to do a hard shut down (hold power button down) in order to shut the computer off. Upon reboot, I can not find anything wrong.

I have tried Updating the onboard Network driver. no luck.

Anyone experience this? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Network_Error_NetworkStatus.jpg

I will try that the next time it occurs. Like I said it randomly happens to random computers. Hopefully I can eliminate some of the randomness.

I think I have tried that and because there is so much activity it doesn't come up. But I will try next time.

Thanks.

The workstations have Filemaker Pro on them. And they connect to our server with Filemaker Server on it. A common thing between the computers is that Filemaker is open on them.

Does that help?

The Filemaker server is on a machine that is designated our "Database Server". There are other applications on it.

The workstations are HP DX5150 MT

AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+

1MHz, 512 MB Ram

The Filemaker server is on a machine that is designated our "Database Server". There are other applications on it.

1MHz, 512 MB Ram

OK, this is out of spec for FileMaker Server and is a likely contributor to your problems. Also, those are pretty anemic workstations. Try running only FIleMaker Pro on a workstation and see if the problems persist.

Steven

1MHz, 512 MB Ram

Whoops typo.

2GHz, 512 MB Ram

This topic is 5746 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.