Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Container Field not "sliding"...?

BluesPlayer

This topic is 5343 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Okay, I'm very new at using FM7... and don't understand scripting yet, at all...

But, I've been very successful at creating hundreds of records... that emulate rows and columns (like I previously used in Excel).

My last "column" is of Container fields (for pics).

Some records only have 1 pic, but may contain up to 5. All the rest of the columns are text/data fields. I've set them to "slide" (up) in the event one field has less info than another record... That is working perfectly!

BUT! The Container Fields are not "sliding"

In other words, when the record has two images it still prints 5 images deep. If it has three images, it prints 5 images deep (my template record)...

Do I need a script to force the record to become shorter (say: if Container 2-5 contains no image, don't print...)?

I want the records to adjust to the depth of 1, or 2, or 3, etc. images depending on whether there is an image in the field or not...

Thanks for your help! Hope I've made sense!

You must align the container top/left.

You're probably center/center at the moment as that's the default.

I never saw this one published anywhere except a posting by John Mark Osborne on this site, that's how I learned - thanks to John.

• Newbies

;) Thanks for your response... but, I've double checked my layouts...

All the text fields to the left, are top aligned with the first Container field (which is the last row on the right of the record).

And... the "column" of Container fields... are all left-aligned (spaced evenly apart from top to bottom).

RECORD EXAMPLE:

[TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT CONTAINER]

When I preview the records for printing... they are all showing 5 Container fields deep... rather than sliding up (decreasing in depth) to match the number of actual pictures in the record (1 to 5).

Any other ideas... or something else I'm overlooking?

Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------

UPDATE: I made a layout duplicate, and deleted absolutely everything but my "column" of five container fields. I made sure they are perfectly aligned left and they are all identical in size, distributed evenly from top to bottom. Set the sliding to slide up... then previewed my records... and whether the record has 1-2-3-4 or 5 images... the body does not slide (decrease in depth). Every record previews 5 container fields deep, no matter what.

I guess I need some kind of script.

Please help! Thank you!!

Edited by Guest

Click on the Container Field in Layout Mode.

Either Right Click, Format Graphic, or go to the Main Menu, Format >> Graphic

This will bring up a edit box where you have an option of how the Graphic will be displayed.

Select the Alignment and Left, and Top.

HTH

Lee

• Newbies

:yay: :tigger::thankyou::woohoo:

Yeah!!!!!! That's it! (I ended up making PDF files yesterday and then moving everything by hand there just to get that out... took hours and hours and hours...)

But, your clarification is just what I needed! This works PERFECTLY!!! And will impact my work for years to come! Thank you, Lee, so very, very much!!! :thanks:

• 1 year later...

This topic is 5343 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.