Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Logic Problem or Bug?

This topic is 5714 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'll cut right to the meat of the issue and will be happy to elaborate upon request.

I have a database with membership numbers that are a different length depending on the global region (North America, Europe, etc.). I wanted to flag membership numbers that are not the correct length for the region by using conditional formatting to change the field background color to red.

Here's my problem. I've chosen "Formula is" for the condition and specified an "If" function for the calculation. But I am not getting the results I expected, the field is changing to red for all records, not just the incorrect ones.

Perhaps it's a logic issue or perhaps I'm not writing the test portion of the formula correctly. Following is a simplified version of my formula. If someone would tell me what I'm doing wrong I certainly would be grateful.

If(((test1) & (test2));1;0)

Shouldn't it be the case that if test1 and test2 are both true the result would be 1 and therefore true and all other cases would be 0 and therefore false?

FYI- If I just use test1 in the formula the results are as expected. It does not give me the results I want because I need to test for two conditions, but at least I'm able to verify the test1 portion of the formula. AND the same is true if I use just test2 in the formula.

This topic is 5714 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.