Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Not recognizing current version

pkeenan

This topic is 5699 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello Folks, I work in the film business and have used an electronic purchase order database (to stop using so much paper)as a runtime since runtime was available. Recently on the upgrade to FMP Advanced 9.03 I've had two problems. The runtime uses 5 different relational databases with the "POLog" being the main one. I wrote a script that asks the user to save the POLog under a another name so I can preserve the original file. (It automatically generates new PO numbers in increments of 01). For some reason after that new file is made and the program is quit, as I reopen the new file it sometimes tells me it doesn't belong to the solution as well as opens the original file as well. Right now I'm having difficulty in getting the files to be recognized as FMP9Advanced. It keeps assigning the old icon. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

• Newbies

Hello Vaughan. Thank you for responding. I am the author of the runtime. The runtime version was 9.03 (FMP 9.03 Advanced). In terms of the icon trouble, another poster suggested selecting "Get Info" and making sure the application selected is "runtime 9.03". I will do that this morning and see if it works. I'm still troubled by the fact that the runtime always calls up the original template along with the recently saved version. Thanks. Peter

• Newbies

Hello Carpel Tunnel, Thanks for the reply. I will take action on the "Get Info" window this morning. Still wondering your thoughts about the original file also being activated along with the "Saved As" file. It never happened in version 8.5. Thanks, Peter

Hmmm could be a bug... I see "consultant" as well... Then again its not a really good test when both Alex and I are both Moderators.

I wonder if it has to do with a particular skin or privilege.

• Newbies

It's a pretty dead ahead runtime. Basically I've crippled the menus (people kept deleting the PO's which is a no-no in accounting land)and run most of it from buttons. The main component is the POLog. It's supported by a vendor lookup database and a AICP line database (AICP = Associated Independent Commercial Producers) that we use in our bids to ad agencies. I had to update the PO and created a runtime version also removing admin access (as I had done before in version 8.5) Very puzzling. I looked at the "Save As" script to see if there might be trouble emanating from there but it looks normal. One other note regarding the files not being able to figure out what they are. After compiling I've double checked them and they all point to "Runtime" not the Runtime I created. I will get a warning from the new file I create that says I'm missing "DEBUG". Thanks,

Peter

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5699 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.