Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Web publishing: Database not available the following problem

This topic is 5686 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I have the following problem with File Maker Server 9.03: when I go to my web publishing site in the browser I can see my database, but when I want to open it by clicking on it I get the message "Database not available!" I can open the same database through FileMakerPro and in the administration of FMS everything seems to be OK.

The mainboard of my MacBookPro has just been exchanged because of a problem - maybe it has to do something with a connection between the internal computer address or something? Befor it worked liek a charme.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi John, thanks for your reply... unfortunatly I´m not sure to which "File" you are reffering and where I can find it. Do you mean the database file itself or a special page in the Administration Console? Sorry for being so uneducated in this terms....

Best regards - Christoph

Since you say it worked before, this might not be quite so simple. But here are the two places Steven and John are suggesting you look:

- in FMS Admin, click on Databases. You should see your file listed, and in the IWP column there should be a checkmark.

- in the file itself, if you open it up with FM Pro, go to Accounts & Privileges and click on the Privilege Sets tab. Edit one of the privilege sets and look at the Extended Privileges checkboxes. Make sure that the IWP checkbox is active, and make sure that it's active for the account you're trying to use.

If IWP appears to be set up correctly, then I would restart FMS and for good measure restart the machine it's running on.

Hi Fitch,

thank you very much for your detailed information - I looked on every part of your suggestions and everything seems to be OK. I have also restarted and no difference... maybe I just should reinstall FMS again and it should work...

Best regards - Christoph

This topic is 5686 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.