Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Report: Search by month BUT ignore 1 charge type?

Andrew5

This topic is 5680 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I make a report of client charges, there are several kinds of charges, one of which is a flat $75.00. The report is a simple alpha list by client name of the charges and a summary total. How would one make a report of client charges in a particular month BUT ignore the $75.00 ones?

If each of the charges has a consistently entered "type" then it might be easy to find all those records within a date range and exclude the Type.

That's exactly the nature of my question, how to exclude something, the charge I need to exclude is "Attorney fee" "75.00." The other way that it would work would be to include the fees in the report but subtract them in the total in a footer that had a field that would count the number Attorney fees in the report (fees_found * 75), if I had that it would be easy to subtract them out of the total. Any ideas?

If manually doing it, then in FIND MODE, first put your criteria in for the month you want to find on. Then before you hit enter or find, add a new Request. Then new request should have 75 in the amount field and Attorney in the tye field. Now check the 'Omit' checkbox in the Status Area.

Now perform your find.

You can also script this.

This topic is 5680 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.