Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Custom Splash Screen

Examinus

This topic is 5676 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello - long time reader, first time poster. :

I've almost completed a custom Filemaker Runtime application, but have noticed when it's compiled the Splash Screen has gone.

Is there any way to make a custom splash screen or just re-enable the standard one? Without it there's just a long pause before anything happens which obviously isn't good.

Any info appreciated. Thanks.

Not sure what's happening. What do you mean by a Splash Screen. I can assume that in your Open script, you go to a layout and pause (or force the user to click a resume button). What is it that you're doing?

Oh, that's the standard FM launch screen. Yes, I do believe that goes away in runtimes, since you're in a sub-engine of FM.

If there's a pause launching, there's really nothing that you can do. Faster disks, ram, etc. launch apps faster.

However, if you have an Open script that has stuff to do, you could nav to a splash layout that you've designed and freeze window. The last step of the open script would go to main menu layout.

Thanks. :

I had a feeling it couldn't be changed, but thought it was worth a go. Hopefully it's something they'll add at some point.

I suppose I have a kind of home-made splash screen now; with links to all the main functions and a check box asking if they want it to display again.

Thanks again.

This topic is 5676 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.