Image File location

This topic is 5682 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi -- this is a very basic question, and I'm just looking for confirmation of my understanding before I begin my first implementation of SC on my iMac.

The default location for Supercontainer files on my Mac platform is:

Users/Shared/SuperContainer

Now, when I click on "Options" in the SuperContainer Server window, I'm presented the option of browsing for a different "Files Directory" location. I'm figuring that if I don't want ny image files in the "Shared" directory, I could use this feature to put the SuperContainer files wherever I want them, right?

So, if I implemented SuperContainer under the default location and used it that way for several months, this is the feature I would use if I wished to move those files to a different location -- and that by shifting the location here in the Server Options window, it would effect the change *without* any need for me to change individual implementations of Supercontainer in Filemaker databasesbased on this location, right? because URL's within Filemaker databases merely point to

/SuperContainer/Files/

. . . whose location is defined (and changeable) in the Server Options box . . .

Right?

Again, just wanting to check understanding here.

thanks

albert

Albert, It has been awhile since I moved setup and then later moved my directory. I believe this is exactly what I did when I needed to purchase a new hard drive just to store the images.

If you are using the double click java application its pretty simple, if you are choosing to use the tomcat install method you need to change a path in one of the setting files. -

I am sure someone will chime in and correct me if I am in error :

This topic is 5682 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.