google map embed links in webviewer

pacific707

This topic is 5460 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I want to use the google maps feature with webviewer but don't want all the extra boarders and crap google maps adds. I would love to have just what is shown with an embed link. Just the map at a custom size and zoom level I choose.

I have been able to get the embed link to work but can't figure a calculation to make it generate from some address fields.

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

Not sure if you still need help with this, but there is a solution that Mike over at the Proof group came up with that helped me. You can read about it here:

http://www.proofgroup.com/blog/2009/feb/google_mapping_single_address_cross_platform

The trick is to pass the address info from FileMaker to a file on a web server you control via php $_GET, which is usually used for forms. You'll need an API key generated specifically for that host url for it to work.

It's pretty straight forward, and Mike's script will work for you with only a little bit of customization.

To add a zoom control, just add this function call to the php file he provides.

map.addControl(new GSmallMapControl());

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

In FM10 (possibly earlier versions) you can pass custom HTML code to the web viewer by using the MIME type "data:text/html" followed by a string of your HTML code. The string can include fields from your solution (i.e. address fields) and other calculations (If, Case, etc.).

Just remember that it's all a string, so if you need to include quotes in your string they need to be preceded by a back slash ().

A good starting reference on how to do this technique can be found here

I hope this helps.

This topic is 5460 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.