Server Maintenance This Week. ×

go to custom layout

madman411

This topic is 5601 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all

I have a database which keeps track of customers and inventory. I am trying to change it so when a staff member logs in to the database, it automatically takes them to the layout they typically work on. Such as, when "Cindy" logs in she is automatically taken to the inventory layout because she works in that department, but when "Mike" logs in he is automatically taken to the customers layout, and so on. I imagine it is a start up script you would run that is some how tied in with accounts/privileges but I have no idea where to start with a script like this.

Any ideas?

Thanks

There are many different ways to handle this and what I'm suggesting is extremely basic.

You are correct in creating a script that will be executed at start up. What you can do is create a script that looks at the account name and then dictates where the user goes.

Example:

If[Get(AccountName) = "Michael"]

go to layout[customer]

Else If[Get(AccountName) = "Laura"]

go to layout[invoice]

ect....

Hopefully this helps.

thanks that will work for now. is there a more advanced way of doing this? quite a few people have accounts on the database and i'm looking for an easier way of doing this so i don't have to manually update the script when i add/delete accounts.

thanks again!

This topic is 5601 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.