need help w/script

This topic is 5589 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

need help with one script … I am working with a file/database w/3000+ clients … I need to create a button w/password (I know how to create this) for the following script … which i need help setting up ...

find all records / show all records

export the following : customer name, address, city, state, zip (as tab, since excel export just doesn't work in FM 8.5 and windows xp)

create folder on desktop

export

go back to original layout …

I already know how to do all of this without the script, but our database is set up with security, so I need the script so that certain people can perform this duty without logging in as the administrator with access to all menus …

the script seems simple enough, but I cannot get it to work even referring to similar scripts already within the file … any information anyone could provide would be helpful … thanks in advance …

Edited by Guest

You've basically written the script already. The one problem is Create Folder, there is no such option in FileMaker. If you really need that, it can be done with a FileMaker plugin.

However, if you can get by without creating a folder, instead just exporting to a known location (e.g. the desktop), you can do it this way:

Set Variable( $path ; "filewin:" & Get(DesktopPath) )

Export Records ( $path )

Does that help?

If you really need/want to create a folder on the desktop, this can be done without a plug-in.(Windows only) You can use the "Send Event" script step to send a command to the "run" line of windows (works similar to the command line). I do not remember the exact command to create a folder (I think there was an example posted on the forums at one time) but it can be done, and is fairly easy to do.

This topic is 5589 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.