Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problem with Java and windows xp

This topic is 5543 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

On some window computers I get a solid black overlay in my webviewer when I allow the applet. If I tell the webviewer noapplet the image appears (but no drag N drop). I was using Java 6_0_11. I disabled 6_0_11 and I'm now running 6_0_7. Recommended by FileMaker, At least for the Admin Console. Any Ideas? My Client is a all windows based environment.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same problem. I'm using the latest version of Supercontainer as a standalone, and it fails to run on XP PCs running Internet Explorer with Java 6 Update 11 or 12. This is the error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to connect to http://10.0.0.58:8020/SuperContainer/Files. Verify that the port number is correct. For standalone usage, the default port is 8020. For tomcat deployment, the default port is 8080.

I have tried different ports, but under Java 6 Updates 11 and 12, it is always the same. Supercontainer does work, however, if I roll back client PC Java to Java 6 Update 7.

Firefox seems to be OK, regardless of the Java update version. We cannot, however, ask our staff to use Firefox for some applications and IE for others.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 5543 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.