IWP sharing problem with FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced

This topic is 5565 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello dears, this is my first post here and before to start to ask I would like to say thanks to this great community that help newbies like me to learn this great database sw .. So, I bought FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced a week ago and I think its a pretty good sw .. I am not having big trouble to use it cuz I watched some nice video tutorial that I found very very interesting .. the only trouble that I am having is to share my database on the LAN with the other mac's window's and linux's client and over internet as well .. When I try to share the database with Instant Web Publishing feature I get this message " FileMaker cannot share files over the Web because instant web publishing could not be started " , at the begging I thought the 80 port that was set up by default was in conflict with apache which run the company website on the same port, then googling a lot I found that I could change the 80 port with 591 so I did that because I got another message on IPW which said that might be a port conflict with another application that was using the same port. but now I don't know if I should do that, I don't know if I have to change the port back to 80 or keep 591, but I would like to figure out how to change it and I also want to figure out why it still doesnt work even if I changed the IWP port to 591 that should work ... I also want to apologize about my english, I don't speak english very well, I am trying to get better ... if somebody doesn't get something, please just ask ... Thanks in advance ...

Try these - in the order shown.

1. Make sure FM is version 9.3 (get the latest updates from FMI website)

2. Leopard must be version 10.5.2 or higher

3. Use port 591

4. Delete the file ~/Library/Preferences/FileMaker Preferences/FileMaker Pro 9.0A Prefs

If it still does not work then turn OFF Personal Web Sharing (Apache).

Please also note that IWP cannot be started if FM SERVER is running on the same machine.

• Newbies

Thanks for your reply .. I did what you have suggested to me but, still doesn't work .. I also cannot start IWP on FileMaker server 9 on OSX 10.5.6 Server as well .. I am starting to think the FileMaker 9 suite has some issues with IWP on Leopard Server ... am I wrong ?? I don't know ... I really really need to start this IWP protocol otherwise I don't know how to share the database to the linux clients ... well, I could even use MySQL to share the database on web to be reached from the linux clients, but why should I do that if we spent lots of money in this sw that is supposed to do this job ;) I don't know what to do .. any help would be appreciate ..

Thanks ..

• Newbies

Thanks for your reply .. I did what you have suggested to me but, still doesn't work .. I also cannot start IWP on FileMaker server 9 on OSX 10.5.6 Server as well .. I am starting to think the FileMaker 9 suite has some issues with IWP on Leopard Server ... am I wrong ?? I don't know ... I really really need to start this IWP protocol otherwise I don't know how to share the database to the linux clients ... well, I could even use MySQL to share the database on web to be reached from the linux clients, but why should I do that if we spent lots of money in this sw that is supposed to do this job ;) I don't know what to do .. any help would be appreciate ..

Thanks ..

If you are using FM SERVER 9 then you cannot run BOTH FMS 9 and FMP 9 at the same time on the same machine.

When you installed FMS did you also go through the DEPLOYMENT section? There are some standard test files that test ALL methods of deployment.

For clarity I would uninstall the FMP 9.

This topic is 5565 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.