Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM Refusal to Upgrade

This topic is 5582 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I took a look at the new FM Pro 10, and have to say that it looks pretty nifty. I like the looks of the new features and ever simplifying the interface, but I do have an issue....

I just purchased FM Pro 9 for my company as a means of keeping track of all our sales info. It was delivered Nov. 24th. FM refuses to let me upgrade to 10 without cost because I did not buy it after Dec. 6th. Anyone else think this is a crock? I saw no indications that a brand new version was about to be released, otherwise I could have waited the additional couple weeks.

I guess I just need to gripe about it, as it seems like pretty poor customer service to me. You spend a bunch of money on the best product at the time, miss the difference by a couple weeks, and now I have to pay an additional $180/per upgrade. bah.

Edited by Guest

I really feel bad for you, seems that the backword free update should be longer than 30 days.

I guessing that you have already screamed at sales and/or customer service about this?

BTW, I see that you have been a member since November, and if you check the Chit Chat Topic Area, you will find a few post on this topic in Nov - Dec time span, that have continued right up until Jan 5, 2009. The speculation was, that a release might be made at MacWorld, since FileMaker didn't release it an DevCon, which has been the their practice in recent years.

IMO, there is nothing wrong with verion 9, so you still have a value for your money.

Lee

• Newbies

Does anyone know if the free upgrade promotion applies to upgrades as well? We purchased FileMaker Server 9 Advanced Upgrade in the middle of December, we were running just FileMaker Server 9 (non-advanced) before.

Thanks,

--

Adrian

This topic is 5582 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.