Server Maintenance This Week. ×

XHTML to XML

El_Pablo

This topic is 5600 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Yes, we can and no, I don't. There are a few examples in the Extras folder next to your application, and more on FMI's site.

And of course there are a number of threads here, either in this or the Export section.

Edited by Guest

I attached a source file example.

I want to extract the content of the rows where the tr tag and its attribute class="txt_general".

I just want to know where to start.

In this example, the primary key is 5176748. You can locate the right tag with the ID.

srcData.zip

I don't really know what you expect. I took a look at your document: although I was able to extract data from it using an external XSLT processor, Filemaker refuses to import it directly for some reason. I suspect it may because the encoding is declared incorrectly.

Can't hurt - but I believe you're going to have problems with your source. It's not strict XHTML (doesn't even have an XML declaration), and as I said, I suspect it has other issues as well. If you need to to do this often, you should look for a better alternative.

Yes, I need to extract some data from a search result. I will need to do this in a regular basis. There might as much as 200 rows to extract from the page.

I thought it would be easier using an XML+XSLT parser.

If you have any control over the server side, that would be the best place to make changes. Otherwise, you might be able to script the extraction in a web viewer, I think (you never said what exactly you need to extract, and I think there's only one record in your sample).

If external pre-processing is an option, I believe you could run the file against a XSLT stylesheet from the command line, or use a third-party app. (don't know what's available for Windows)

This topic is 5600 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.