FM9 Server an FM10 Clients

This topic is 5553 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

does anyone know if it´s possible to run FM10 Clients with FMS 9 Server?

We have no need for the FM 10 Server functions, but like to use FM 10 Clients because of the Skript Trigger functions.

I think I recall that one could use a FM 8 Server along with FM9 Clients, but I might be wrong... :P-)

Yes you can. But do yourself a favor and get Server 10 as well.

But why, if we don´t need any of the FM 10 Server functions?

The only new FM 10 functions we will be using, are the functions that come with the FM 10 Client Versions

I think the easy backup schedules are going to be a live saver for a lot of people. The first thing I end up doing with just about every new client is reworking their schedule. Now you can have a Time Machine like back up without having to spend 2-3 hours setting up folders and schedules. Saving backups for the each of the last 4 hours, then each of the last 7 days then each of the last 4 weeks is quite a nice change.

It will be interesting to see what type of performance increases the new server will give us. If it truly utilizes system resources better there may be a marked decrease in the spinning wheel of death or the coffee cup. (Of course if you ask me, half the time it's really just a bad network causing these issues)

• Newbies

Has anyone actually done this (use FM Pro 10 clients with FM Server 9)? I tried it this morning and I was unable to close FM Pro 10 on my work station. I would hit the X, go under File->Close, it would just keep popping back up. I had to kill it in the Task Manager.

This topic is 5553 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.