Error 628 on 10 Adv Server

RPCia

This topic is 5495 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Server 10 Advanced installed on 2003 server

Client is FMP 10 Advanced on XP SP3 box

It seemed to be running ok yesterday, this morning I went in to play around a bit and when I tried to open any files. I recieved a coffee cup then it prompted me for a username and password. it is configured to use single-signon with external authentication.

My account will not let me in to any files, I am able to open a file with a local filemaker admin account.

I checked the logs in the 10 admin console and this was the only message I could find that seemed relevant error code is 628, which occured at 3:04 am today, only other logs are verifying that the backup occured successfully at 3:00 am.

Administrator "fmsadmin" no longer responding; connection closed. (192.168.1.251)

None of the external authentication accounts seem to be working.

Anyone else having a similar problem?

not on the workstation, but on the server I updated all the windows 2003 OS patches that I was behind on before installing FMS 10.

1) Caught up on updates

2) Unisnstalled Version 9 Server Adv

3) Installed Version 10 Server Adv

Post install of version 10 I have not installed any patches.

I completly shutdown the server and restarted FMS 10, then I was able to once again open a file from FMA 10 on my client. Whenever it opens a supporting file I get the following warning on the FMS.

Warning #661

Client "username" authentication failed on database "fileName.fp7" using "username [fmapp]".

It does however open the file and allow me access.

should this post have been under the Server Forum?

Thanks

Ok so the last two mornings usually between 3 am and 4 am I have been getting these error messages from the server.

I have it installed as 2 server alternative the only thing on the second server is the web hosting.

FileMaker Server 10.0.1.64 on RPC reported the following event:

Mon Jan 12 06:05:27 CST 2009 FMS ERROR wpe1

Some problems were detected in the WPE COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING.

It seems to host files fine. What I did when no one else was in the system is

1) shutdown the WPE

2) then the admin console will not respond properly I try to close all files and it will not

3) I try to shut down the Database Server in the admin console and get an error, something like unable to shut down the server the weird part

The really weird part is when I go look under the configure Database Server tab, it has a line that is not normally there just under Client Settings before the maximum number of FileMaker Pro Connections. Says Filemaker can host a maximum of 0 connections or something on those lines.

4) I used the command line to close all files and shut down FMS

Sorry for being vague it was 6 am when I saw this and did not have time to take screen shots or copy it down. I was half asleep and had to get everything back up and running I should be able to repeat this tonight when I shut down FMS and reboot it.

• 1 month later...

I'm running into the same issue, with the constant FMServer Warning 661s appearing in my email. Did a quick Google search and found this post

http://www.nabble.com/getting-FMServer-Warning-661-Client-xxx-authentication-failed-messages-from-FileMaker-9-Server-td21739793.html

where someone tracked this problem to incorrect sorting within a portal on their DB. Thought you might want to look into that a bit. That'll be h*** for me to sort out on my particular db as it is HUGE.

This topic is 5495 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.