FM 8 not opening

This topic is 5532 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

Hope I'm posting in the correct group. I have been running FM Pro8 for sometime with no issues, but suddenly when i try to open it, it does not open, I have try deleting the application and reinstalling it also delete it the preference, ran Disk Utility (using a MAC) to fix permissions but nothing works. It appears opened but it actually frozen. Any ideas are GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

RudyM

If the FIle will open on a different machine, then this sounds like a Hard Drive problem.

If it doesn't, then it sounds like File Corruption.

HTH

Lee

p.s.

Since has been running, I didn't mention to check the version to be sure you are current.

Edited by Guest

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your post. Yes the file opens with no problem. I also checked the HD and there were no issues.

It does have to be some corrupted file that Filemaker 8 uses. I am running FM Pro 8.0 V3.

Also I downloaded the trial for Ver 10 and it runs fine, but I would hate to spend the money on something that will not give me any additional value.

Is there a way to perform a CLEAN uninstall of FM from the MAC?

THanks

Rudy

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Lee for your advice, but after trying MANY different options I decided to run "IceClean" and that seem to have fixed my problem.

Thanks

Rudy

This topic is 5532 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.