HTML Editor

Jalz

This topic is 5006 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Guys,

Is there some sort of plugin for an html editor I can apply to a text field? I'm thinking of making FileMaker a front end for our CMS system.

Many Thanks

Jalz

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

TinyMCE is Javascript. It works in any browser that supports Javascript as the FM webviewer does.

Read the documentation on their site. The trick is to see if the webviewer will be able to find the path to the TinyMCE files on your machine or server.

If it can then its as simple as creating an HTML page with a TEXTAREA field to capture the text input and TinyMCE does the rest wrappering the TEXTAREA into a Rich Text HTML editor. That is you can add bold, formatting, bulleted lists, tables, etc and it all returns back HTML when you do the submit action. Then off submit action, you could have it write the returned contents to a container or text field.

TinyMCE is the best thing you will find for this kind of HTML editor integration into FM.

You mention a CMS system, are you aware that there are some good ones out there with front ends like Drupal and Joomla.

Shout back and let us know how your attempt at integrating this into FM is going.

• 10 months later...
  • Newbies

Hi there-

I'm very interested in getting this working, but I am having trouble calling the javascript for the tinymce script from the correct frame in the webviewer. How would you go about doing that?

thanks SO much!

• 3 months later...

This topic is 5006 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.