Wobbly evaluation

This topic is 5541 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In FMP10 Conditional Formatting doesn't always evaluate consistently. The script involved is just a single step, set a field value. Conditional on that value the field contents change colour. That's it. I've added a Refresh Window step but that doesn't make a difference.

I suspect it has something to do with exiting a field because clicking on a neutral place on the layout forces the evaluation when it stalls. In FMP6 there was an Exit Record script step, but not in FMP10. Any ideas?

Kind regards,

In FMP6 there was an Exit Record script step, but not in FMP10. Any ideas?

Hi Sandy!

Since vs. 7, we have Commit Record/Request. :smile2:

UPDATE: If you are observing a different behavior between vs. 10 and vs. 9 on Conditional Formatting, I'd really love to see a sample file for review!

Edited by Guest
Added update

Hi Sandy!

Since vs. 7, we have Commit Record/Request. :smile2:

UPDATE: If you are observing a different behavior between vs. 10 and vs. 9 on Conditional Formatting, I'd really love to see a sample file for review!

Commit Records/Request did the trick. And no, I've noticed no specific difference in this area from FMP9 and FMP10. I'm an old hand at FMP6 and only recently took up FMP9, and now FMP10. The new tools are excellent but I'm still coming up to speed (a process that will probably never end).

Asking this question and getting your answer has filled in another blank in my understanding of what's going on here.

Much thanks for your continuing good answers to dumb questions.

One more question. I have a process of adding a new record in a Join table, for a many-to-many relationship. I set two foreign keys, one each for the table to the left, the table to the right. I've discovered that if I include a single Commit Records/Request after setting the two foreign keys, the link fails. I've been forced to set one foreign key, commit, set the second foreign key, commit. That works. Thus far I've not allowed myself to take the time to try and figure out whether this is normal and if not, why it's the case for me. Like everyone else I have project objectives to complete and tend to avoid going off course. Elsewhere in this solution I'm using a single Commit and it works.

Kind regards,

This topic is 5541 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.