Calculating and repeating fields

This topic is 5566 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello! I have a calculation field that has 15 repetitions and only the first repeating field is getting calculated. Here is the situation :

I have a number field in another FM database that has 15 repetitions each with a number in them. I want my calculation field to refer to that field and do a simple math equation for each repetition in my calculation field.

I've created the proper relationship, and I know that works because the calculation I get in my first repeating field is correct. It just isn't calculation for the rest of the repetitions (It displays 0). Here is my simple equation :

(EXPLOITATIONS_ADMIN_ForCostLocal::ExploitationCost) * (DaysSkuad# / 20)

Any ideas?

thanks!

You need the Extend () function to apply a non-repeating field in conjunction with a repeating field.

BTW, why are you using repeating field here for your data. This isnt the best course of action. You really should use repeating fields for your data like this. You should use a related table instead.

Hello John, thank you for your prompt reply!

What I wanted to do in the first place was this :

I had set up a Table with multiple fields in a seperate DB(aka: DB1). 2 of those fields were NAME and COST.

In my current DB(aka: DB2), I setup a relationship for NAME (DB1::Name to DB2::ItemName)

ItemName has 15 repetitions (I don't plan on having more than 15 records for now), and I want all my records in DB1 to display in the ItemName field. I can't seem to figure out how to do this, so I'm using a workaround ; having 1 record that contains all my Names in a repeating field.

I'm so sorry for my complete lack of knowledge in FM... I'm more accustomed to Excel, and I think it shows in my workflow.

I'm not sure what you mean by related tables.. do you mean relating a fields from one table to another?

thanks!

What is the purpose of having all the records from your table to display in a particular field? I think we can work on your structure here but you need to provide a little more information on what you are trying to achieve (not so much on the technique that you are trying to use). Also if you can try to use real names instead of the abstract db1 or table1, etc.

I'm creating a quote for our clients. In my quote I want to show how much all the fixed costs will cost us for the current project. All our costs are in a seperate file which contains :

ItemSerial# (auto enter serial)

ItemID (Calculation field of "FC" & ItemSerial)

Item (text field to be filled up)

Provider (text field drop down list to PROVIDERS table)

Cost (Number field)

In my Quote table, when I create a new Record (new quote)I want to display all of these fixed costs (their names and their costs).

I hope this is enough information...

thanks!

This topic is 5566 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.