Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Toggle part labels

LaRetta

This topic is 5564 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Okay, I must ask because I had spent a hundred hours searching for the answer to this, over my 6 years using FM. And a friend pointed, clicked and showed me in 1 second. But it is NOT anywhere in FileMaker Help that I can find. Does anyone know where there is a reference to this functionality?

I've struggled with the body tab being over the layout where I want to place a field. I had seen some people's files where the body went up the side vertically instead of horizontally (same with all parts). I was shown that the little box on the status bar (while in layout mode) that looks like a very tiny tab on a layout actually toggles where the part labels reside. I had never played with that little picture before!!

But I have read FM Help several times and I'm shocked that I didn't find a reference to it! I had also gone through every menu item one by one and I couldn't find a thing about it. So question is ... if someone doesn't know what that little box does (and, like me, didn't know it controlled that behavior), where might they find the answer about it in the world of FileMaker or FM Help?? I would just love to know. :wink2:

LaRetta

In FM9 Help, the part label flip is on the

Content>Creating and managing layouts and reports>Working with layout parts>Adding a layout part page in the Notes section.

and here in FM10 help

That was a bit of a treasury hunt.

Edited by Guest

Bless ya, Barbara! I'm not sure how I missed it - I've read this section several times! I suppose I saw the little box and thought, "Ah heck, I know what those little boxes are for, for goodness sakes FileMaker, save your Help contents for important things." :jester:

This topic is 5564 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.