Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Create list style report

netcode

This topic is 5560 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey all,

I am looking at creating a list style report that shows the company names of contacts within my database. company name is a field in the contacts table. I only want it to list the company name once, not every occurrence of the company name.

I have created a summary field with the options count of the field "ID" (there is always a value if the record exists) when sorted by "Company Name". However this returns just a count of the records it seems (1, 2, 3, 4....etc) it doesn't seem to be counting the amount of records per company name like i thought it would

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Looks like I have a report with appropriate numbers by each company, but the thing is there are large chunks of blank white space (assuming this is a record with no data in the company name field). But if that is the case, why isn't it grouping all that blank white space into one field and providing a number for the amount of records that have nothing in that field?

There are like 40 pages of blank on them :)

Edited by Guest

you don't need a summary field unless you're counting the # of contacts for each company. Yes, no body part, unless you're listing the contacts under the company sub-summary part.

This topic is 5560 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.