main windown and popup windown sizes

Salin

This topic is 5524 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello All,

I've just tried a very simple button setup on a field...get related record from table A, show record using layout X, check the "Show in new window" and specify a small window size. When I click on the field, a new window pops up as the size I wanted. The problem is that the main window also shrinks its size to the same size as the popup window. This happens to my test database, which is a copy of the real database. I tried the same button setup on the live database, the main window shrinks too. However it shinks only a quater of an inch. I also tried a scrip with New Window, that the effect is the same. I normally have the database window in full size.

This is the first time I used popup window. I thought a popup window should be independent to the main window in terms of the size and what to display. What could be the problem of my popup window? How can I make sure that the main window doesn't get affected. Appreciate for any help!

-Sal

This is standard behavior on Windows. The only way to resolve it is to set your main window at a specific size (not maximized). Then, when opening a new window, your prior window will remain its size. Hmmm, didn't vs. 10 fix this for Windows? I think it has but I'm not sure if it was just a wonderful dream. :wink2:

This topic is 5524 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.