Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Need help with Subsumary Reports

amerioca

This topic is 5552 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everybody,

I am fairly new to this and would need urgent help with some sub summary issue. Everything worked fine until some days ago. Created fantastic subsumary reports of consolidated data. Every since about 1 week, when I close the db and reopen it the layout does not recoginze the subsumary parts no more. Meaning, that the Trailing Grand Summary, Header and body are there, but in preview mode the both subsumary parts are simply not there no more. Happened also a couple of times when I switched between layouts.Looks like the layout does not recognize the subsumary part.

Anybody here with similar problems or solutions?

Edited by Guest

Hi Greg, tnx a lot for your answer, best thing is to attach screen shots here. No 1 is how it should look and no 2 is how it does look in Layout and Preview mode. "Aircraft Reg" is the break field. No 2 has more components but the base is the same. I have tried to construct new layouts over and over but the db seems to ignore the sub-sumary parts.

Will have to attach screen-shots 2 in next reply as obviously the size of attachments is very limited here. So pls check my next reply too.

Any idea. Need all the help I can get.

tnx again

No1_Layout_Mode.jpg

No1Preview_Mode.jpg

Edited by Guest

This is exactly how it looks when you are not sorting by the proper field. Make sure your records are sorted properly when viewing in preview mode. Goto the Records menu and select sort records. See what's listed and try resorting by the proper field (Air Craft Reg).

Maybe if you have a script that creates this report it is not sorting the records first or properly by the Air Craft Reg field.

Greg

Tnx Greg. I have tried to sort manually by the break field and this is what I am getting. I can now manually go thru the records but all I see is the aircraft reg field one by one.

Really don't know in or out no more.

DB_3.jpg

yes, tnx for the tip. The tables are related to each other but I have in my agony also tried to set up a field directly into the table with the rest of the data, in order to create a sub-sumary report from one flat table only. I have just replaced the break field and filed in the data manually. Does not work either. the result was exactly the same. I guess, I am at the end of my wisdom. Tnx anyway.

Make sure the field in the leading sub-summary is not overlapping into the body. It's sometimes not obvious. Other than that I am running out of ideas.

If you feel comfortable with it you can send me the files and I will take a quick look at it. Send me a private message with your email address and I will send mine.

Greg

Hi Greg,

hey man, tnx a lot for all your help. Don't know how to pm here but I sure can try to send you the files but, I am currently working in Africa for an airline with slow internet connection. The file is pretty big as I had to recover it once. But we could try with MS Groove. My email ;) [email protected]

Tnx again

This topic is 5552 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.