Export data into AS400 ?

This topic is 5466 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Our old process system is running on AS400. We are changing over portions of it as we develop our new process tools in FileMaker. There are portions of this process (down stream) that will remain on the AS400. How can I feed the AS400 from the db we are building with FileMaker? I would like to have it as invisible as possible to the user, ie. "press the upload button".

Inversely, how to I glean data from the AS400 to update our FM db?

thanks

How can I feed the AS400 from the db we are building with FileMaker? I would like to have it as invisible as possible to the user, ie. "press the upload button".

Inversely, how to I glean data from the AS400 to update our FM db?

You can use the "Import Records" and "Execute SQL" script steps to read and write data from /to the AS400 database using ODBC. I'm not aware of a native AS400 driver on the Mac, so I think Windows would have to be involved in one way or another.

Jonathan Monroe

Actual Technologies - ODBC for Mac OS X

http://www.actualtechnologies.com

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi puschteblume,

I am glad to know you have done work with IBM jdbc driver. I just have a meeting with a customer who has a AIX and DB2 database. He can set up a jdbc driver. He wanted to use the ESS in FM10 Server to connect the FM to the DB2. Thereafter, there will be 5 data entry people to update some data in DB2 via FM application.

I have not done anything with DB2 or jdbc. Is this workable? Are there anything that I need to ask customer to set it up ?

Thank you very much

This topic is 5466 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.