Server Maintenance This Week. ×

I'm desperate! 804 error code help needed!

This topic is 5529 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

[color:red]Part 1

Good day to everyone,

We run a 10.4.11 machine that hosts about 18 filemaker files that are web enabled. They really don't get too much traffic, so running version 5 is still ok for us.

Right now we have a server (server A) that hosts all of the "backend" filemaker files which we use to input data from various places. Then every night a script would pull that data from one machine and export/import it into the running web enabled files (server :. This has worked for years here, no issues. BTW this is all in a local network, all machines are mac, and all machines are running 10.4.11.

The problem was the past few weeks the running filemaker instance would freeze, and thus none of my nightly scripts (import/export/update) would work. Well to make a long story short, I ended up just switching machines. I have done this in the past with no problems. I pretty much did a mirror install. Same copy of OSX, same copy of filemaker, etc. I just switched over the files and started her up.

I have done everything I know how to get this to work. But it doesn't. When exporting from server A to server B we get this error.

""xxFILENAMExx" cannot be opened as read-only in its current state. Please unlock the file and open and close it before attempting to lock the file again."

Now permissions are all the same for folders and files, FM is setup the same, it's all the same. Yet when I try to open one of the files over the network, it gives us this. Now if the file ISN"T running on the server, it works fine. So it has to be something to do within filemaker.

Screenshot with numbered error boxes in order...

help.jpg

Any help is much appreciated. I have thrown all I know at this.

Thanks,

Chad

[color:red]Part 2:

We backup the web databases twice a day and the data input databases every night. And by security I mean I don't want people touching the web databases or that server at all. They can do all they want with the data input files, but not the files running on the web. Forgive me, but I have always followed the practice of clearly defining a difference between production servers and processing servers. The processing databases have all different kinds of scripts of processes because we do lots of things with them. The web db's are just that, there for the web, that's it.

The process is this.

Data is inputted into server A (processing server) files. When done, we export to the web using a simple script.

The basic file...

serverA1.png

The web export script in that file...

serverA2.png

It then does an external subscript of the related file on server B (web server) which is...

serverB1.png

That script then does another external subscript BACK to server A file

serverA3.png

and then it imports the data from server A and opens a web update script that is lasso oriented.

Let me tell you, I inherited this mess a year ago. It's not pretty, and I've cleaned it up a little, but it has always worked until now. Not only do the scripts not work, but I can't open the files like I used to be able to.

I'll soon be dumping everything into a SQL db anyways, but for now, I must get this working.

[color:red]Part 3

Yes, the error is the same as my first post. Server A (processing) is .66, server B (web) is .63. This issue is causing two problems. The error ( that I posted in post #1 - ""serverBfilename" cannot be opened as read-only in its current state. Please unlock the file and open and close it before attempting to lock the file again." ) happens when either users run scripts from server A, and it also happens when I try to manually open files thru finder on server B. It never has done either.

I would have to say yes, when the scripts are ran and the file is open thru open host it works. But how do I script that in? I don't want the users to have to manually open the corresponding files when they need to run a script.

What on earth does running an external script do if it can't open up an external file to do it? I know something is wrong with filemaker, not something wrong in my scripts.

The script halts when it hits... "Perform Script etc...." in the following.

serverA2.png

Again, this happened when I switched machines for server B. The previous machine was locking up, and I had an extra, so I set it up identically. Same OS (same serial), same filemaker copy, same everything. I then just moved the Web folder over and fired her up. Made sure all the sharing is the same, permissions, etc. The HDD name, computer name, IP, filemaker location, it's all the same. Truly a mirrored server. Also, the old machine isn't plugged in at all, so it's not a license issue.

This topic is 5529 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.