Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Help

newnoob

This topic is 5512 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I used the Site Assistant to generate XSL for my database, and the auto-generated addrecord.xsl always errors out when I click on the add record button. I am new to XSL and everything I have tried has not worked. I have attached all my XSL files plus a copy of the database with fake data. I am a little over my head right now and would really appreciate any advice.

username ITS

password test

fakedata.zip

Edited by Guest

I should also add that the error message that comes up is Error 102--I have checked all the fields and they all are spelled correctly.

This is my first experience posting in this forum so let me know if I am being too vague, etc.

Welcome to the forums!

You picked a hard problem to start with.

I have done both xml and php web pages from Filemaker, I have found that the PHP is overall easier.

Is there a specific reason you are using xml vs PHP?

What is working? Can you view records?

Setting up locations etc can be tricky.

Jerry

I would prefer to use php as I do not have any experience with xml, but the site assistant (as far as I can tell) only outputs the .xsl files.

I can view and edit records perfectly, but I cannot for the life of me get the add record functionality to work. Everything works except for the addrecord. I attached a zip of everything in a post above if you want to take a look at it. I think that the error is most likely in addrecord.xsl.

OK, I have now tried to update to server 9 so I can use PHP, but when I try to connect to the erver I get "An error was encountered communicating with the server." And when I try to do the Web Server Test I get "Web server test failed. Return code = -1"

I have tried everything I could think of to no avail... any suggestions???

This topic is 5512 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.