Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Missing Client Autoupdate function

This topic is 5511 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We have been updating all our clients from FMP 9 to FMP 10 and have a couple of clients that have installed FMP 10, but the Autoupdate plugin is not present. I use 3rd party plugins and it's a necessity for it to be present and enabled on the clients. I can't reproduce the issue on my end, so at a loss as to why it's not there. Any suggestions?

Yep, went though all that. Server side is working fine and most of the other clients are too. Since I posted this, I have another client that upgraded and does not have the "autoupdate" plug-in listed in the preferences box to even try to enable. It's just not there, and I have been unable to locate where is it suppose to be. It does not exist in the same directory as the rest of the plug-ins.

Hmm. I don't know why it's not there, either. I can't imagine that installing FM10 deletes it...I suppose you'll need to manually install it. I've trolled other forums, and don't see any note of this.

Thanks for your help bcooney, I did an exhaustive search too, and didn't find anything any where either. But apparently they were able to fix it. Here is an excerpt of their reply:

"Re-Reinstalled the program from my machine after a restart. The only difference between this time and the last two installs is that I restarted the machine first. Maybe the install doesn't complete if FM 9 has recently run."

It still doesn't make sense to me, but I have been unable to duplicate the issue in house to trouble shoot it.

This topic is 5511 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.