Different start page for inidvidual users

This topic is 5525 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everyone,

I have been working on a solution that is now distributed across several locations throughout the UK. However, one area in particular - Telesales - needs access to a very restricted interface only. They need to be able to open the customer database and work from there. Now, there are several problems to this.

1. The only file I have viewable to all users is the main menu, which opens up a menu only. This then links to different areas, though most of them are entirely irrelevant to this individual. Whilst I can disable the scripts from opening any additional pages, it is still an inconvenience to have a redundant menu on the page.

2. My next idea was to set this particular user to be able to not open the main menu, but only the customer database from the open remote menu. However, he is on a different domain altogether which means I can't add him to the correct group on the server (I can only add usernames of people on the same domain).

Ideally, I would like him to open only one file - the customer database - and be immediately taken to the correct layout. In terms of security, this has been addressed through record level access priviliges, script limitations and layout controls. However, I would much rather have him on the correct layout from the start than having to navigate through what could potentially be a number of layouts he doesn't even have access to.

All suggestions would be greatly appreicated.

Best Regards,

Jason V.

If you already have your correct security setup, you can check their Privset on the opening script and if its the restricted type, use Go to layout to put them on the layout that you wish.

This topic is 5525 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.