Crashes

This topic is 8620 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I can see how you could write a stay open AppleScript that has an idle setting of something like 1 minute and on idle does something like this:

if application "FileMaker Pro Server" is not in processes

restart

end if

My syntax may be off, but that would be the general idea.

Then place an alias of the FileMaker Server application in the start up items folder. I would do it this way so that you have an automatic restart after a crash.

However, you might want to do some troubleshooting to see if you can figure out what is going wrong. Make sure you pare down the extensions, since very few of the default extensions are going to be needed if all you're doing is running FileMaker Server.

Chuck

The first thing to realize is that this is VERY abnormal and indicates something is fundamentally wrong with the computer, operating system, or FileMaker. I would in order:

1) Run Norton Utilities or Disk Warrior (or both!)

2) Do a clean install of the OS (don't run 8.5, use 8.6).

3) Reinstall FileMaker Server.

-bd

we have around 25-35 DB's that are served on an imac running solely filemaker 5.0. At various times (usually about once a day) filemaker crashes and we have to restart the computer. Works fine the rest of the day (usually). Well. . . . i am wondering if anyone has had any experience or whatever in an applescript or an applescript-like application that can check to see if Filemaker is open periodically, and if not, run a series of steps to take care of the problem.

I don't know much about Applescripts or the such, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, i guess i'll just have to work every single day to make sure it doesnt crash during the weekend!

Jeremy

This topic is 8620 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.