Icons greyed out for some privilege sets

This topic is 5442 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi.

Sorry, I'm not sure where this topic should be placed.

I have a problem with one of the privilege sets I've created. When I log in with an account with this privilege set, all the icons at the top are greyed out, Show All, Find, Perform Find, Cancel Find, etc. All of my scripted find buttons work, but I can't use command keys like Command-F or Command-J, and the icons are inactive.

does anybody know where this is set?

I tried setting the privileges so that all scripts were "executable only"

This seems to be a problem in all tables, even ones where the user can see all records.

thanks,

do you mean in the Custom Menu settings?

I deleted my attempts at custom menus, but I think this may have started when I tried to create some.

I tried a simple script upon login that would check for the menu set

Set Variable $menu with the result from Get(CustomMenuSetName) that displayed in a custom dialogue box, but it came up blank. I'm assuming that is proof that there are no custom menus engaged.

I didn't see a Get function for standard menus, I assume because if it's not custom, it's standard.

hmm?

Yes, the problem is that FileMaker only gives you 3 choices, All, Editing Only, or Minimum. Only "All" will let you use the command keys. But it will also let you Delete All Records, Replace, Find/Replace; very dangerous. So, if you want the best of both worlds, you can give them All, but create custom menu sets to remove the dangerous commands. Or compromise with Editing Only, and give them buttons for everything they need.

Thanks, Comment and Fenton,

Available Menu Commands was set to Edit Only.

not sure how I missed that.

I'll have to do some custom menus I guess.

not sure what kind of logic would remove Show All, Find, & Sort from an "Edit Only" context. I mean, if I want to edit records, I need to be able to find and sort. go figure...

many thanks,

~Witz

This topic is 5442 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.