Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Performing a find with special characters in it

This topic is 5470 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I trying to write a custom php web interface with my existing website so that potential customers and sign up to recieve our news letter. I have created a database with fields for email address, name, mailing address, and interests and subscriber status. customers do not have a problem coming to the website and signing up, however, I have also written an unsubscribe. where a customer may go to a different page, enter their email address, and the database scrip performs a search, finds their record based on the unique email address and automatically switches the subscriber status to "do not contact". I can not execute a search with the full email address in it, and it seems to be because of the @ symbol. however i have noticed that I can remedy this by doing searching with quotations like "[email protected]" and it will properly return a record for that email address. is there a way to do this without using the quotations, and if not, how do i write a find script to take the regularly entered email address and transform it to the email address with quotes around it an then execute the search.

This topic is 5470 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.