Print Settings Stuck

Norvin

This topic is 5428 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I sometimes print labels for file folders using a script and layout in FM on a Brother Label printer. I have used it for sometime with no problems. Today Filemaker stuck on the label format and I haven’t even used the label printer for a few days. No matter what printer or settings I choose, FM prints as if I had selected the label printer. I have tried printing from the menu. I have tried to change the Print Setup and Print scripts. I have created new print scripts. I even uninstalled the print driver for the Brother Printer. Preview mode looks correct. The default is set to my regular printer. But, no matter the setting or printer I chose, FM prints the label format (2/3” x 3-7/16) in the top left corner of a 8. x 11 sheet of paper. Can anyone tell me what’s going on and how I might correct this problem.

Thanks

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

When I go to print to my Brother QL-570 from FileMaker Pro 9, the print job gets "stopped" in the print queue. I've tried everything from margin settings in the layout, creating a custom size page in Page Setup, changing the orientation from landscape to portrait. I've even changed the layout from 2.90 by 8.89 cm to 8.89 by 2.90 cm and rotated the fields and printed in landscape mode. There's just way too many variables. Are my margins too small? What's going on? Is it FileMaker? Is it the printer? I've clicked on the Utility icon in the Brother's print menu and it says:

" The roll size in incorrect. Media Size: 1-1/7" x 3-1/2" Description: The status after the last printing operation is displayed. (This may differ from the current printer status.) "

Note: the inches dimensions here convert to 2.90 x 8.89 cm.

Why can't I just print a simple label from FileMaker? I think I need a step by step procedure to ensure I haven't missed anything.

Has printing from FMP ever worked with this printer?

Could be lots of things: start by making sure you're using FMP 9.0v3 and the latest drivers from the printer manufacturer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FWIW, I had lengthy discussions with Brother about printing from FileMaker. According to Brother they don't consider the P-Touch to be a "printer" but rather a "label maker", so they only support printing through the P-Touch application.

This is a crock of you-know-what, of course, but the short of it is that Brother is not at all interested in allowing other applications to print to their P-Touch printers, and they design their software and drivers to reflect this.

This topic is 5428 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.