Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Recreating template to work with in FM

customfamily

This topic is 5411 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey all,

We've been creating call sheets for jobs but since moving into FileMaker with all our contacts, its becoming a little complicated to create them. Not that complicated but we'd rather stay in Filemaker and not have to use excel.

So I'm trying to recreate the template we use in excel in filemaker in a way that records marked as "callsheet ready" would fill up the template automatically. I'm not entirely sure how I should go about this...I have attached the excel template we use.

I'm no pro when it comes to FM so I'm open to any suggestions...I have the feeling FM may not be flexible enough to beat the efficiency of Excel when it comes to moving around a small number of contacts on a page but maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks so much for any and all input,

Best,

Rob

BIDEN-callsheet.pdf

Hi Rob

It seems to me that a sub-summary report would do the trick. You would probably need to create a 'join' table along the lines of 'Shoot_Personnel' that would link together your shoot details (location, date etc) with the relevant contacts.

Does this give you a starting point?

Matt

• 1 month later...

Another suggestion would be to use portals to display information from the related tables.

Basically you want to have one layout for the user to select the records. The selected records would be stored in a Join Table.

Then print it from another layout.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 5411 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.