Scriptmaker - Show Compatibility question

This topic is 5450 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I know this is probably silly but I want to make sure I'm reading this right.

The Show Compatibility box upon choosing SERVER will tell me which commands the version of server I'm using will recognize so any greyed out commands are not compatible with that version of Filemaker Server. Is that correct?

Dom

Wow, incredible question!

If you are using FM10 Advanced and you click 'Show compatible' for Server, FM10 Advanced doesn't know which version of server you are using (in fact, you could be using more than one version). So it doesn't tell you which steps are compatible with a particular server version. Rather, it tells you that the specific script-step which is not grey'd out (or contains the words NOT COMPATIBLE within the script-step itself) can be used in scripts which are server-side fired (using FMS scheduler).

But not all incompatible steps grey out or show NOT COMPATIBLE. If you attempt to fire a script which imports from another table within the same file (for example), it will show that the import is server compatible (it will not grey out or say NOT COMPATIBLE) when inserted into a script and it will NOT WORK! You can use this as a guideline but always error trap and test heavily because there is no debug to walk you through it when testing server side. And also read your server logs after a test.

This topic is 5450 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.