Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Edit Box vs. Drop-down list

This topic is 5457 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I have an issue, which I can't explain so I attach an example file.

So my question is:

Does anybody have an idea how the field "shipper 2" with drop-down list could be transformed to "shipper 1" with Edit Box having the some functionallity?

or

Why I can't check "auto-complete using value list" box in the case of "shipper 2"

example.zip

Why I can't check "auto-complete using value list" box in the case of "shipper 2"

See note #2 here:

http://www.filemaker.com/help/html/edit_layout.10.26.html#1029409

I am afraid I didn't understand your first question.

I mean that as you can see in "shipper 2" you can select one value and it appears in multiple lines. In "shipper 1" with AutoBox and auto-complete by using value list I can choose only value for the first row .. then I should go to the second row and choose value for the second row and so on ...

I think what you're seeing is a result of a bug. You shouldn't be able to select more than one line from a value list - even if the original values are multi-lined. Your value list definition is rather unusual (showing the same multi-lined field twice!) and I believe this is causing the strange behavior.

In any case, you cannot select a a different value for each row in a field. If you need such functionality, you should use 2 fields, or a repeating field, or a portal to a related table - depending on what's it for.

This topic is 5457 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.