Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM 10 chops numbers when importing from FMSA 10 via ODBC

This topic is 5454 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I have just discovered that FileMaker 10 running on a Mac chops number values when importing records from a FileMaker Server Adv. 10 via ODBC. Text values are working fine. I can't determine what the pattern is that FM 10 chops the numbers. If the table that is hosted on FMSA 10 has a number field that contains "1717" or "1616" only "11" arrives in FMA 10.

What I have tried to track down the problem is:

- I tested this using FMA 9 on a Mac importing from the very same FMSA 10 via ODBC - the number values show up correct.

- I tested this using FMA 10 on Windows importing from the same FMSA 10 - the number values show up correct again.

- I tested this using Excel on the very Mac on which the number values are chopped in FMA 10 - Excel shows the correct number values when importing from the FMSA 10 server in question.

- I tested this using the DSN as a system DSN and a user DSN - still same error in FMA 10.

So this looks to me that this may not be an issue with the ODBC driver (I use the Sequel Link driver that comes with FMSA 10) but rather is a bug in FileMaker (Adv) 10 client.

Has anyone seen this before? This seems to be a serious issue since values are altered during importing records via ODBC. Is there an update available for the Sequel Link driver?

Just if anybody is wondering why I would import records into an FM client from an FM Server rather than just open up the database from the server: This started as a test setup. I was trying to import records from FMSA 10 into Enfocus Switch (a DTP workflow software) which didn't yield the results I anticipated. So I just wanted to verify the DSN and SQL statement are ok and I tried this simply using FMA 10 as an ODBC client to FMSA 10.

Regards,

Thomas

Just a little follow up on this: I just tested importing different number type fields from a mySQL server into FileMaker Adv. 10 using ODBC and the values arrived ok in FileMaker. Still I think that the error in importing the numbers from a FileMaker Server 10 is a serious issue that should be addressed by FileMaker.

Regards,

Thomas

This topic is 5454 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.