Scripting Question

Macman

This topic is 8571 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am script challenged; that being said, I've been pulling out my hair (what little is left) trying to figure out how to write a script to open the files that my company needs to run in case I'm not here.

Instead of writing out a long list of instructions, I wanted to create an icon for someone to double click that would start FM Server 5, then open the files they need to use (they're already password protected). I've been able to create the script thus far that will start FM Server, but getting it to open the files has been stumping me.

This is all in Applescript. The problem is that in trying to write the hierarchal order of the file, AS returns and error "Expected end of line but found ". Here is my syntax:

tell application "FileMaker Server"

open file "2000.FP5" of folder "Lookup" of startup disk

end tell

Now, I have tried telling it to select the file first, then opening it, tried to call it an item... it always gets hung up on the second set of quotation marks, surrounding Lookup. This is really strange because the command to open FM Server also contained a path similar to this too (in other words, it worked there, why not here?). Anybody else seen this, or can help a beginner scripter?

This topic is 8571 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.