FM not Finding properly in unstored calc

This topic is 5415 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a simple unstored calculation (number) field . Its acts as a switch and can either have 1 or 0 in it.

Now when I search for all 0 it show all records. When I serach for 1 it only shows 1's.

The calc is:

If(j.EntryType = "AR" and j.InvoiceType = "1. Installment";

If(j.DeliveryDate>0 or FilterValues(List(SalesInv_JOB::s.InvoiceStep);"2. Installment¶Final invoice")>0 ;1;0);

1)

Now the calc is doing what it should. It show up with the correct result but when searching it has this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Ron

Hi Ron,

"It show up with the correct result but when searching it has this issue."

By any chance are you searching a related field? I notice that this calculation involves a SalesInv_Job table as well?

I ask because the results you receive will be matching MAIN records. Let's say a parent record has 3 children with the result to this calculation of:

Record 1 = 0

Record 2 = 1

Record 3 = 1

If you search, you will end up showing this parent record. And it will display 0 in the field you are searching. But that parent DOES have children with a 1 in them; it's just that they can't display. It can be quite confusing. If this isn't the issue, we would need to see your file (zipped empty clone) or a sample file showing the fields and tables involved here. Your calculation is difficult to understand without a file for reference.

LaRetta

Thanks. I just put the calculation in the child and now it works fine.

Even so it should of worked becuase the result for the parent was always the same as the child, because its based on data from the parent.

Very confused?!?

Ron

This topic is 5415 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.