Suppress printing when checkbox set not checked

Ell

This topic is 5437 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'd like to suppress the printing of a checkbox set IF nothing has been checked AND IF a certain field preceding it IS empty. I know how to use the Printing/Sliding feature to suppress printing of normal empty fields, but it doesn't seem to work with the checkbox set. I'm assuming I need some kind of calculation field?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to FMforums. The thing is, a checkbox has to show its Value List whether it's empty or not. Otherwise you'd never be able to enter anything in it. FileMaker's Preview/Print mode sees it the same as Browse mode does. You might actually want to see whether it's empty, so that is the way it will remain, I think.

I would suggest that the easiest way to solve this problem is to not format the field as a checkbox on the Print layout (yes, you need a separate layout). That way you will see only the actual values in the field. It takes up (much) less room for one thing, especially if you slide it up.

But you have a 2nd restriction, which is that it should only show if another field is not empty. There are a couple ways to solve that, but the easiest is to just create a calculation field, result Text.

Case ( not IsEmpty (other field); checkbox field )

I would also set the calculation field's Storage to [x] Do not store, since it is just a "display" field.

This topic is 5437 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.