Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Making an exe with FMP10A to open database on filemaker server

This topic is 5420 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm a newbie, my Idea is to use Filemaker advanced to make an exe application that open a database on a remote server over internet,the database on remote server is hosted with filemaker server.

It's possible? Or I need FM PRO full installation on every workstation that use my database on server?

I need to distribute my app to five different PC in five different places.

Thanks

Mark

To use FM as a client to a served database, you need the full version of FM on each workstation. They offer site licensing and volume discounts.

Otherwise, you can share your database using Instant Web Publishing or Custom Web Publishing. These approaches do not, however, give the user the "full" Filemaker client experience.

use Filemaker advanced to make an exe application that open a database on a remote server

Do you mean "make a runtime"?

FMP Advanced can make runtime (EXE) solutions but the data files must live on the same machine as the EXE - you cannot connect to remote servers using the EXE

First, welcome to FM Forums.

Second, as others have said, you really can't go this route. But if you use FileMaker Server 10 advanced, there are other clients that can make ODBC.JDBC connections to hosted files. But there is no FileMaker functionality in these. You are better off with licenses of FIleMaker Pro.

Call your Sales Rep about volume licensing options.

Steven

This topic is 5420 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.