Mac keyboard shortcuts for exiting a field and zooming in

Mif

This topic is 5365 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Two related questions;

1. Does anyone know the Mac keyboard equivalent of "ctrl + enter" from Windows which takes the cursor out of record editing mode.

2. Is there a Mac keyboard equivalent of "ctrl + f3" and "f3" used to zoom in and out?

(1) Depends on the model computer you use.

I used to use an iBook, which had both a "Return" key (ust above shift) and an "Enter" key (to the right of the spacebar). When my cursor was in an active field, the "Return" key entered a line break, but the "Enter" key exited the field. Now I have a MacBook with a single "Return/Enter" key. When used normally ("Return") it enters a line break. When used in conjunction with the "fn" key (bottom left corner of the keyboard) it emulates the old "Enter" behavior.

(2) This also depends on your computer. On my Macbook, holding down the "control" key while doing a two-fingered scroll upwards on the trackpad causes a screen zoom (scrolling down zooms back out). AFAIK there was no way to scroll-zoom on my iBook. But in System Preferences, go to Universal Access, where you can set a keyboard shortcut for zooming in.

Thanks, that takes care of number one. The "fn" and "return" key works great.

For #2, zoom in and out, I created a script for each and place them in positions 1 and 2 on the scripts list so they work with command 1 and command 2. For some reason, the zoom within Filemaker is much sharper than the system zoom.

Thanks

This topic is 5365 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.