Automation of WebViewer control using plugin

fseipel

This topic is 5413 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I was wondering if there have been any open-source attempts to more thoroughly automate the webviewer with a plugin.

It seems as though some commercial plugins such as MBS can interact with the WebViewer.

So far, by running "Microsoft Spy++", I've discovered the embedded browser (WebViewer) is a window of type Internet Explorer_Server, and has parent windows as follows:

Window 0017115E "Filemaker Pro Advanced" FMPRO7APP

Window 002A13B0 "" MDIClient

Window 001A07C2 "Test_JS_Calc" Afx:00400000:28:00000:019...

Window 0002085A "" AxWnd80u

Window 00040842 "" AxFrameOrView80u

Window 00020850 "" Shell Embedding

Window 00020856 "" Shell DocObject View

Window 000406DC "" Internet Explorer_Server

For above, my Filemaker version is 10; my file with WebViewer is called 'Test_JS_Calc'.

Specifically, I'd like access to the IWebBrowser2 and IHTMLDocument2 interface through an open-source plugin. Presumably this would involve some relatively simple C++ to find the child windows of FMPRO7APP until/if it hit an internet explorer_window, then grab the HWND, but it's a little much for my current skills.

I have been able to automate an external browser from Filemaker using WebDriver under ScriptMaster (can do anything, even HTTP upload files via Firefox or IE), but I'd also like to look further into direct control of the webviewer.

This topic is 5413 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.